Monday, May 19, 2014

Chapter Ten: Of Prayer



Chapter Ten

Of Prayer

The evil lord Bastian has his cunning way of deceiving the minds of men. He would even go before the Great Master to demand permission to sift some of the Master’s nobles and bondservants. He was once a luminary in the Master’s courts, but he rebelled and caused a great battle. Bastian was defeated however and was banished. He continues to wage war against the sovereignty of the Master, and by causing delusion he gathers minions. The pauper was never excluded in his evil schemes. He used every unfavorable remarks and circumstances that disheartens the pauper.

“You are no good... The princess will never give you a chance... Look, her friends does not even approve of you because you are not from Charisleb... There are other young men who deserves her affection...You are a loser...”

He could wallow in his apparent disadvantage by listening to the trickeries of Bastian. But he has his powerful deliverer. The Great Master has been his ever present help in time of trouble. His glorious light could overcome even the darkest night that hides the evil lord.

The pauper would often fall upon his knees whenever he is visited by thoughts of Princess Alythia. His knows that his restlessness will be quieted in the presence of the Master. One of his most significant prayers is his resolution to be abandoned to the Great Master and his purposes.

“Dear Master, you know that I love you dearly. I have often failed you but you know my heart of hearts. You know that I would never exchange any of the world riches and grandeur for your love.

“I don’t deserve your condescension but you freely bestow grace upon grace. Thus I have sought to please you in my life and in my service. I know that only you could really fill the void in my heart but I believe that it is also you who have placed a desire in my heart to love and be loved. You have awakened love in me.

“My acquaintance with Alythia is beyond my imagination. I never thought of befriending the princess of Charisleb. Overwhelmed with excitement, I have thought of plotting circumstances just to get the best of her enthusiasm and attention but I understand that trusting my own abilities would fall short of what is best and pleasing to you.

“You have thought me too well to depend on you to orchestrate thing for me and you have done those things according to the richness of your mercy and love. You have allowed me to grow in my infatuation to esteem her as a sister and friend, from being fatalistic to being purposeful and prayerful and from being reluctant to care to being more sensitive to serve her on my knees and with my hands.

“My insecurities cause me to pray for your constant approval – to keep the other young men from her and that Alythia will be kindly disposed to me. That the princess will be mine. But my praying is faulty.

“I am confronted with the fact that I really do not know how to pray for her. Princess Alythia is yours. She has been bought with a high price. You are jealous for her and her affections. She is your beloved. It would be my ruin if I go against you and try to play your role and do the things that only you could do for her.

“My Master, I am thankful for the many occasions that I could bring her petitions before you and serve her with the best of my ability. I just continue to pray that you will grant me still the opportunities to serve Alythia. Allow us to grow in our friendship and grow in our appreciation of each others character.

“Master, please continue to orchestrate situations that will reveal your direction in our life. If we are meant for each other, reveal your will to both of us. And I pray that I’ll be the kind of man that will love, cherish, protect, lead and serve her. A man that would complement her as a friend and husband.

“My Master, you have the liberty to do what is best with my concerns. May your purposes prevail so that you alone will be exalted and glorified.”

No comments:

Post a Comment