Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bird Hunter In My Neighborhood

I thought that the reputed hunter in our neighborhood had stopped shooting birds. But I was wrong. The horror of hearing gun fires and seeing another dangling dead bird in his hands happened just this morning as I was preparing for office.

I just came out from the bathroom when my mom alarmed me with the news of our neighbor shooting the nesting zebra dove. Though a pretty common bird and not rare or migrant, this bird is still covered by the Wildlife Act (RA 9147).

With towel around my waist, I rushed to my camera case and took my camera to document the incident. My mom was restraining me because we are not really in good terms with our immediate neighbors. And taking photos of their hunting activities might cause more trouble for me and my family. Much more if I intend to report them to the authorities. My mom fears that these men and their cohorts might assault me one time, since there are occasion that I come home at night.

Here are the photos that I took. It's a bit hazy since I'm trying to hide behind our jalousies.





1 comment: